- Manufacturer: New Frontier Armory
- Model: AR-9 Buffer Spacer
- Weight: .2oz
AR-9 Buffer Spacer for use with 9mm/.40 AR style firearms and standard carbine length buffers
- US Made with engineering grade polymer
- Use when running a carbine buffer with a 9mm/.40 cal blow back system instead of buying an expensive 9mm buffer
- Helps lessen chance of breaking bolt catches by limiting the rearward travel of your 9mm/.40 blow back BCG
- Helps speed up cycling by shortening overall (necessary) bolt travel when using the shorter rounds/shorter BCG
- Saves weight adding only .2 oz to your build instead of a heavier / longer 9mm buffer
1) BE SURE FIREARM IS UNLOADED AND IS POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION!!
2) Remove take down pin and swing upper away from lower
3) Remove your buffer and buffer spring from the lower
4) Slip buffer spacer onto buffer spring at the opposite end that the buffer resides **See Photo
5) Re-install buffer, buffer spring, and spacer into buffer tube
6) Close upper and lower receiver together and re-install take down pin
The New Frontier Armory AR-9 Buffer Spacer is proudly MADE IN THE USA by hard working American men and women.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works as advertised. Good value for the money. Would have given 5 stars but will need more time to evaluated it.
It did reduce the amount of over-travel. The gun felt considerably different.
There are several different buffer choices available. This one is a harder rubber/poly, which I wanted instead of aluminum to maybe prolong the 9mm buffer life and perhaps absorb some of the recoil impulse.
Great addition to my gun.
I preferred this buffer over some of the other ones that I have seen available because it's made from some form of poly-resin.
I wanted it to help reduce some of the recoil impulse over using one that was made from aluminum.
It does exactly what it's supposed to do. Takes up extra space to mainly reduce the possibility of breaking the mag catch off because without it, the bolt has too much extra room to move without it.
Not much to say here. They limit bolt travel, sparing my bolt catch frome unnecessary abuse.
Fills up the runout space in the buffer tube, provides extra dampening, and leaves about 1/4" of travel past the bolt catch.